A migraine is a very painful type of headache. People who get migraines often describe the pain as pulsing or throbbing in one area of the head.
Some people find that their migraines are triggered by something. Triggers might include:
- Certain foods: such as chocolate, cheese, red wine, citrus fruits, coffee, tea.
- Sleep: Too much or too little
- Changes in hormone balance in women: such as periods, the pill, menopause.
- Stress or relaxation after a period of stress.
- Irregular meals.
- Flashing lights.
- Environmental: Noise, glare, weather – changes, and exposure to sun