- Boiling Test. When you are boiling the rice, observe it carefully. If it begins to form a thick layer at the top of your saucepan, then it is a straight sign of plastic rice.
- Water Test. Take a glass of cold water and pour a tablespoon of raw rice in it. Then mix it thoroughly. You will immediately know that you have an ordinary rice if it falls on the bottom. At the same time, plastic rice will stay on the top.
- Pound Test. Pound a few grains of your rice with the help of a pestle and mortar. Then look at the color of the powder. If it has a white color, then you deal with an ordinary rice. If the color is yellow, then it is a fake rice.
- Fire Test. Take a bit of rice and burn it with a lighter. Fake rice will always smell like burnt plastic.
- Hot Oil Test. Boil some oil and drop some rice into it. Plastic rice will always stick at the bottom of the saucepan.
- Mold Test. Boil a handful of rice. Put it for two or three days in a warm place. If there is no mold during that time, your rice is definitely fake. The reason is very simple: neither temperature nor weather affects the plastic.
All people above 39 years of age must go to the nearby Health Institution for regular Blood Pressure check-up.
- Headache and restlessness
- Chest Pain
- Pain radiating to left shoulder, arm and back
- Difficulty in breathing
- Feeling sick or vomiting
- Excessive sweating and body becoming pale
- Feeling of unconsciousness
- Eat balanced diet
- Reduce salt intake in diet
- Avoid usage of alcohol & tobacco
- Reduce usage of oil & ghee
- Do exercise on regular basis
- Keep your body weight under control
- Prevent children from intake of fast-food
Complication if left uncontrolled:
- Heart attack
- Kidney diseases
Patients who are on treatment must take regular medication as advised by doctor to keep Blood Pressure under control and also get their eyes checked-up regularly.
Caution: Majority of people suffering from High Blood Pressure do not know that they are suffering from it.
Signs of Cancer
- Continuous Cough and Heaviness in Voice.
- Heavy Excessive bleeding during menstrual period and bleeding apart from menstrual period.
- Non-healing ulcers in the mouth.
- Lump in Breast
Prevention of Cancer
- Take healthy food.
- Avoid alcohol intake.
- In case of any unwanted growth or swelling in any part of the body, consult a doctor immediately.
- Consult a doctor in case any change in pattern of menstrual period.
- Stop consumption of tobacco in any form.
Cancer Screening & Early Detection
Community based Screening for Common Cancer is being done at sub-centres through
- VIA: Visual Inspection with Acetic Acid.
- CBE: Clinical Breast Examination.
- OVE: Oral Visual Examination.
- HPV: HPV vaccine has been introduced for the prevention of cervical cancer for the girls of 11-13 years of age group.
- FAPHC: Free Annual Preventive Health Check-up
HB, BP, Blood Sugar, Blood Urea, Serum Creatinine, SGOT, SGPT, Cholesterol etc. should be checked, apart from screening for cervical, breast & oral cancer.
Awareness if the solution.
- GENERAL FIRE SAFETY AND PROTECTION TIPS
- Prepare a Fire Emergency Escape plan and ensure that all your family members know what to do in the event of a fire.
- Select a safe meeting place outside the house for your family members to assemble in case of an emergency.
- Practice alerting other members in your family yelling “Fire, Fire, Fire!: or by whistling etc.
- Always sleep with the bedroom doors closed. This will keep deadly heat and smoke out of bedroom, giving you additional time to escape.
- In a fire, time is critical. Don’t waste time getting dressed, don’t search for pets or valuables. Just get out.
- BE PREPARED – PLAN AHEAD
- Prepare an escape plan for your Home, School, institution or office.
- Practice staying low and evacuating from the building blind folded regularly.
- Practice STOP, DROP and ROLL method, to douse of the fire, if caught one clothes.
- Ensure that appropriate Fire Extinguishers are placed at all the strategic locations and are in working conditions.
- ADDITIONAL TIPS FOR FIRE SAFETY
- Install smoke detectors to detect both smoldering and burning fires.
- Keep cooking areas clear of combustibles & wear shorts or tight sleeves when you cook.
- If an appliance smokes or has an unusual smell, unplug it immediately and have it repaired.
- If someone get burn, immediately place the wound under cool water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- If the burn blisters or chairs, consult a doctor immediately.
In case of Fire or any Emergency DAIL 101.
- The Role of Insulin
- Stomach transforms food into glucose
- Glucose enters blood vessels
- Insulin enters the blood stream. Pancreas produces insulin.
- Insulin suppresses excess blood glucose, helping the glucose enter cells.
- Risks & Factors
- Type 1: At risk: Mainly children immune system destroys cells of the pancreas which produces insulin.
- Type 2: Risk factors: Obesity, family antecedents. Insufficient production of insulin and body’s ineffective use of insulin to suppress glucose.
- Frequent urination, thirst
- Constant hunger
- Loss of weight
- Trouble with vision, fatigue
- Loss of vision
- Heart attacks
- Poor blood circulation
- Kidney disease
- Urinary problems
- Insulin injections
- Monitoring blood sugar