The best medication to treat or prevent your migraine attacks, you can do various things to prevent or ease the management of migraine attacks when they do occur.
- Avoid factors that may cause an attack whenever possible.
- Get adequate sleep every night and practice relaxation techniques.
- Eat a well-balanced diet, and do not skip meals.
- Establish a routine exercise regimen if possible.
- Keep a migraine diary, and discuss the frequency and severity of attacks with your doctor.
- If migraine attack occurs, relax in a dark, quiet room – noise and light may worsen a migraine.Â Apply an ice pack to the head or temples to reduce pain if possible.