To Prevent Asthma Attacks
- Keep asthma medicine with you at all times. Take your scheduled medicines even if your signs go away.
- Avoid cigarette, pipe and cigar smoke.
- Stay away from foods, medicines or things that cause you to have signs of asthma. These are called triggers.
- Avoid contact with people who have a cold or flu.
- Rest and drink plenty of liquids at the first sign of a cold.
- Breathe through a scarf or other covering in cold weather.
- Talk to your doctor about an exercise to strengthen your lungs.
- Reduce stress.