- GENERAL FIRE SAFETY AND PROTECTION TIPS
- Prepare a Fire Emergency Escape plan and ensure that all your family members know what to do in the event of a fire.
- Select a safe meeting place outside the house for your family members to assemble in case of an emergency.
- Practice alerting other members in your family yelling “Fire, Fire, Fire!: or by whistling etc.
- Always sleep with the bedroom doors closed. This will keep deadly heat and smoke out of bedroom, giving you additional time to escape.
- In a fire, time is critical. Don’t waste time getting dressed, don’t search for pets or valuables. Just get out.
- BE PREPARED – PLAN AHEAD
- Prepare an escape plan for your Home, School, institution or office.
- Practice staying low and evacuating from the building blind folded regularly.
- Practice STOP, DROP and ROLL method, to douse of the fire, if caught one clothes.
- Ensure that appropriate Fire Extinguishers are placed at all the strategic locations and are in working conditions.
- ADDITIONAL TIPS FOR FIRE SAFETY
- Install smoke detectors to detect both smoldering and burning fires.
- Keep cooking areas clear of combustibles & wear shorts or tight sleeves when you cook.
- If an appliance smokes or has an unusual smell, unplug it immediately and have it repaired.
- If someone get burn, immediately place the wound under cool water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- If the burn blisters or chairs, consult a doctor immediately.
In case of Fire or any Emergency DAIL 101.
After a fire, it is extremely important to consider dust extraction to ensure the health and safety of any people in the environment.